Cover for those who are stationed abroad for work

Certain occupations can lead to you being positioned away from home for months at a time. This is certainly true if you are in the armed forces and get deployed overseas for a number of months. If you live alone this can result in your home being left largely unoccupied during this time.

This can mean that mainstream insurers are reluctant to provide cover for you. Your property will be seen to be at much higher risk of damage.

Your CoverBuilder home insurance policy can be built around you. If you will be away for four months at a time, then home for two, your policy is able to be edited to reflect this. You will therefore only pay the higher unoccupied rates for the time that you are actually away from your home. This therefore saves you from paying a higher rate throughout the entire policy term as you would with some providers.

When your property is left unoccupied there are a number of perils that become more likely to affect it. For example, a small drip in a pipe may not be noticed immediately and could easily lead to widespread water damage. Equally, an empty property is far more likely to be targeted by vandals or thieves. Full information on unoccupied property insurance can be found on our unoccupied property page here.

Our policies can be tailored to include:

  • Buildings cover up to £1.5million
  • Cover for the essentials including fire, flood, weather and storm damage
  • Cover for theft, malicious damage & vandalism available
  • Damage by squatters
  • Unoccupied allowed up to 12 months
  • The freedom to cancel early and receive a pro-rate refund for the time unused
  • No mid-term cancellation fees

Cover will vary depending on your circumstances, please review your quote information carefully.


Need a little help quoting?

We have insurance experts ready to help if you want to ask a question. Our average call answering is under 1 minute so give us a call on 0333 358 3359. Alternatively, chat with us online via our livechat option (bottom right).