Home insurance for counsellors

If you work from home as a counsellor then it is likely that a standard home insurance policy will be unable to provide suitable cover for you. Your occupation will mean that you have regular business visitors to your property. They will be likely to at least pass through your regular living area. This increases the likelihood of damage occurring on your property and of you being subject to a costly liability claim if a client were to injure themselves.

Benefits of a CoverBuilder Home Business Home Insurance policy include:
  • Up to £1.5million buildings cover.
  • Up to £150,000 contents cover.
  • Public Liability cover available.
  • Flexible policies to cover a variety of business uses
  • 24/7 claim lines with UK based call centres
*As CoverBuilder works with a panel of home insurance providers, cover can vary from policy to policy. It is strongly recommended to check your policy documents carefully before submitting your cover.



Why do I need specialist cover?

home worker counsellor taking notes

Running a business from your home, even on a very part-time basis, can increase the chances of you needing to make a claim. Insurers will, therefore, class you as higher risk. There are a number of reasons for this. There will be much higher numbers of people visiting your property as a result of the business services you offer. In turn, this increases the risk of damage or a theft occurring.

When running a business from your home you will also be more vulnerable to being sued by clients. For example, if they were to injure themselves while in your home. Therefore, as part of your CoverBuilder home insurance policy, legal liability cover is included to protect you in the event of a claim.*

*Please check your policy wording and endorsements carefully to confirm full cover levels.


Quote now