Holiday home insurance for your property

At CoverBuilder we can provide full cover for a variety of different style holiday homes. This includes holiday lodge insurance. Even if your holiday home is affected by different issues that require specialist insurance, we can provide this as part of your holiday home policy (for example if you also require subsidence insurance as well).

  • Buildings and contents cover available
  • Cover even for properties that will be periodically unoccupied
  • Variety of holiday homes can be covered including flats, bungalows and cottages.
  • Instant online acceptance
  • Quote and manage policy online
  • Average call centre answer time under 1 minute


Need a little help quoting?

We have insurance experts ready to help if you want to ask a question. Our average call answering is under 1 minute so give us a call on 0333 358 3359. Alternatively, chat with us online via our livechat option (bottom right).


Holiday Home Insurance UK

Holiday Home Buildings and Contents Cover

Owning a second home in the UK provides many of us with an easy way to escape the stress of everyday life and relax in a house that feels like home away from home.


Holiday Home Insurance UK


Lots of standard insurers will not insure holiday homes. This is because they can often be left unoccupied for long periods of time. Those that can provide cover will often restrict this to the most basic risks. There will also usually be lots of rules that homeowners must comply with.

When considering insurance for your second home you will need to decide on what sort of policy you require. While buildings cover is likely to be a necessity, lots of people think about not taking out contents insurance. This is not wise. Although you may not keep anything of high value at your second home, it is surprising how much it can cost to replace even the basic furniture that a home contains.


Holiday Home Insurance UK


A good way to work out the value of contents insurance that you need is to walk room to room in your house. Make a note of the cost of replacing each item in there – this will soon add up! That is why CoverBuilder offers joint building and contents policies. This can cover your home and everything in it, putting your mind at rest when the property is left unoccupied.


Adding personal possessions cover to your Holiday Home policy can also provide peace of mind that the items you will have on holiday with you will be covered when you are out and about. This means you don’t need lots of policies. You can have your mobile phone insurance, camera insurance and home insurance all in one policy.

Holiday Home Insurance UK

Cover for properties that are rented out

Unfortunately, CoverBuilder do not offer landlord insurance so can only offer cover for holiday homes that will be used just by you and your family, rather than being let to tenants.

If you do not plan to use your holiday home to make money then you are ready to quote for second home insurance: