Felt Roof Insurance – Full or Partial flat roof cover
Properties with full or partial flat roofs are one of our specialist risks we can protect you for at CoverBuilder. Our specialist cover is designed to provide you with tailored felt roof insurance. You can quote and buy directly online, without any delays from having to go through your situation over the phone. Our questions are designed to offer cover for many flat roof property scenarios.
If you have a flat roof then there is a high chance that it will be built using felt supported by timber framework. Although this is a relatively standard construction material, many standard insurers will still be reluctant to offer cover for this type of roof. This is because they have a shorter lifespan than a typical tile roof and can be more susceptible to damage from events such as a storm.
When completing a felt roof insurance quote you will be asked what percentage of the total roof area is flat. This is so that we can accurately calculate how much your premium should be. There are a number of ways that you can work this out. Firstly, you can judge the area by eye and decide roughly how much you think is flat. Alternatively, you can use google maps to obtain an aerial view of the property and judge the area from this. If you are unable to do either of these then you can employ a builder to tell you exactly, though this is likely to come at a cost.
Enhanced partial and full flat roof home insurance
- Immediate cover
- Buildings cover up to £1.5million
- Contents cover up to £150,00
- Personal possessions up to £40,000
- Trace & access cover up to £5000
- Specialist cover for flat roofs up to 100% of the total roof area
- Cover at standard rates for a variety of non-standard construction materials
- We can insure flat roofs even if the rest of your property is non-standard construction
- Average call centre answer time under 1 minute