CCJ home insurance for those with County Court Judgements
If you have one or more active CCJs on your file you could be struggling to find an insurance company who will 1) cover you and 2) offer a reasonable price. We provide CCJ home insurance which is designed to cover those with adverse credit histories. Finding an insurer to offer monthly payment terms is also difficult with a CCJ. We offer payment options on 95% of our CCJ home insurance premiums. Your credit history is taken into consideration and we can cover one or more CCJ on your file. We accept a wide variety of scenarios linked to poor or bad credit histories and other forms of credit management.
Home insurance with payment options
Taking into consideration there is a CCJ, we will still look to offer flexible payment terms in as many circumstances as we can. When you get a quote with CoverBuilder, you’ll get an instant decision along with all the payment options we can offer you for CCJ home insurance.
- Poor or bad credit history and pay monthly options
- Single or multiple CCJs and pay monthly options
- Previous bankruptcy and pay monthly options
CCJ Home Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
Customers with adverse credit histories can offer experience difficulty finding good value home insurance. Our frequently asked question runs through everything you need to know about CCJ insurance.
The first task is to identify the court where the judgment was made and the track the case number. The court will provide the options available to you based on your circumstances. Your first option is to pay off the debt and having it marked as satisfied on your credit report. Secondly, you can apply to have the judgment removed or ‘set aside’ by having the case reheard. There are options if you if you believe your CCJ to be settled or issued incorrectly. Contact the court as soon as you can with your case number. This is where you highlight the reasons you believe your CCJ is settled or invalid.Removal of your details from the register is possible in three ways.
- Paying within a month can result in it being removed from the register.
- Satisfied vs unsatisfied, if you pay the CCJ after this, it stays on the register but it will be recorded as ‘satisfied’ (see Certificate of satisfaction). If you don’t pay it then it is shown as unsatisfied.
- Full removal is only possible if you can evidence it is incorrect or a genuine reason to dispute it.
Unfortunately, there are limited options to remove a County Court Judgment from your credit report. It is likely to cause you difficulty in obtaining credit on the high street until it is dropped from your record after 6 years. It is strongly recommended to use companies who offer to repair your credit. This practice is illegal and can cause far more problems than simply waiting for it to be served.You can find out more information on CCJ from the free and impartial money website The Money Advice Service
Why choose CoverBuilder for your CCJ home insurance?
When you quote for CCJ home insurance with Coverbuidler we maintain complete privacy. ALl our quotes can be done online and without the need to go through your financial history over the phone.
- Offering competitive rates for those with adverse credit histories
- Wide range of acceptance criteria with instant decision
- Equal monthly payment options offered
- Standard policy excesses apply unless otherwise stated in policy documents
- No cancellation or hidden fees!
- UK based customer support
- Manage your policy online
- Average call centre answer time under 1 minute